Student IN for exchange students in Sweden

International students studying in Sweden are covered by insurance 24 hours a day. The Personal Injury Insurance covers students while on the university’s premises. The Student IN insurance is a complement to the Personal Injury Insurance. 

What is covered?

This insurance provides coverage for the following:

  • disability and death benefits
  • medical and dental care
  • home transport
  • personal property coverage
  • third party liability
  • legal expenses

Terms and Conditions

Terms and Conditions for The Swedish State´s Insurance for exchange students at higher educations in Sweden entered into force on 1 January 2015

When and where does the insurance policy apply?

This insurance provides coverage for you during the times you are not on campus. This insurance together with the Personal Injury Insurance provide 24-hour coverage and they are both free of charge.

Submitting a claim

If you are covered by one of our accident insurances for students and are injured, you can make a claim by filling out our Claim Form – Personal Injury. The form must be signed by you and your institution and then sent by regular mail to Kammarkollegiet. Based on your application, we make a decision regarding the amount of compensation you will receive. You can find the application form and the complete terms and conditions under “Documents and forms”.


There is no deductible for this insurance, with one exception. If your claim involves the damage to or loss of personal property, a deductible of 1,500 kr applies. This means that you pay 1,500 kr of the damage costs while your insurance covers the rest.

Where can I find out more?

The Terms and Conditions for this insurance provide detailed information regarding coverage. We recommend that you read up on your student insurance - see the document below. Please note that there are two Terms and Conditions documents available. If you were insured previously, the 2011 document contains the correct information for your insurance. If you were insured in 2015 or later, the 2015 document contains information on the current insurance.

21 March 2017