Student UT - insurance during education abroad

Students registered at a Swedish university who study or have a placement abroad are covered by insurance 24 hours a day. The insurance includes both personal injury and travel protection. This insurance is free of charge.

What does the insurance cover?

This insurance provides the following coverage:

  • personal injury protection
  • medical and dental
  • home transport
  • visits by family members
  • disruption cover
  • personal property protection
  • baggage delay
  • cash assistance
  • cover for crisis and disaster
  • third party liability
  • legal expenses

Terms and Conditions

Terms and Conditions for The Swedish State´s Insurance for higher education abroad entered into force on 1 January 2015

Terms and Conditions for The Swedish State´s Insurance for higher education abroad 1 January 2011-31 December 2014

When and where does the insurance policy apply?

The insurance provides 24 hour coverage in the country of study. You’re covered by the insurance even during your travels to and from the country of destination. 

Submitting a claim

If you are covered by this insurance and are injured, you can make a claim by filling out the Claim Form – Student UT. The form must be signed by you and your institution and then sent by regular mail to Kammarkollegiet. Based on your application, we make a decision regarding the amount of compensation you will receive. You can find the application form and the complete terms and conditions below.


There is no deductible for this insurance, with one exception. If your claim involves the damage to or loss of personal property, a deductible of 1500 kr applies. This means that you pay 1500 kr of the damage costs while your insurance covers the rest.

Where can I find out more?

The Terms and Conditions for this insurance provide detailed information regarding coverage. We recommend that you read up on your student insurance - you can find the document below. Please note that there are two Terms and Conditions documents available. If you were insured previously, the 2011 document contains the correct information for your insurance. If you were insured in 2015 or later, the 2015 document contains information on the current Student UT insurance.

21 March 2017