Student UT - for studies outside of Sweden

Student UT - for studies outside of Sweden

Students registered at a Swedish university who study or complete a placement abroad are covered by insurance 24 hours a day. The insurance includes both personal injury and travel protection. This insurance is free of charge for you the student.

Student UT is a group insurance

The Student UT Insurance is taken out by the respective university or university college and covers all students who study or complete a placement at institutions, companies or other facilities they have a formal agreement with. You’re covered by the insurance even during your travels to and from the country of destination. The personal injury protection is equal to the protection students have in the general Swedish student insurance. The insurance provides coverage 24 hours a day.

Individual insurance

For students who are not covered by the group insurance, the university or university college can provide them with an individual insurance.

Submitting a claim

If you are covered by one of our accident insurances for students and are injured, you can make a claim by filling out our Claim Form – Personal Injury. The form must be signed by you and your institution and then sent by regular mail to Kammarkollegiet. Based on your application, we make a decision regarding the amount of compensation you will receive. You can find the application form and the complete terms and conditions under “Documents and forms”.


There is no deductible for this insurance, with one exception. If your claim involves the damage to or loss of personal property, a deductible of 1500 kr applies. This means that you pay 1500 kr of the damage costs while your insurance covers the rest.

Where can I find out more?

The Terms and Conditions for this insurance provide detailed information regarding coverage. We recommend that you read up on your student insurance. Click on the link to the left under “Documents and forms”. Please note that there are two Terms and Conditions documents available. If you were insured previously, the 2011 document contains the correct information for your insurance. If you were insured in 2015, or are not yet insured, the 2015 document contains information on the current Student UT insurance.

25 September 2017