Registration of idea-based organisations
From 1 January 2023, idea-based organisations in publicly funded welfare activities can register in a special register.
Idea-based organisations that intend to conduct publicly funded welfare activities are also able to register.
Purpose of the register
The purpose of the register is to make idea-based organisations within welfare visible and to distinguish them from other actors in for instance procurements or within systems-of- choice. Kammarkollegiet has the task of keeping the register and conducting supervision of registered idea-based organisations.
Our assignment regarding the register consists of:
- Registering idea-based organisations that meet the prerequisites to be registered.
- Administering notifications of changes and assessing if the prerequisites are still met
- Ensuring organisations comply with the legal limits on transfers of value
- Supervising registered organisations as well as organisations that were deregistered in the past five years
- Deregistering organisations if the prerequisites are no longer met or if an organisation requests deregistration
- Reporting to the Swedish Police Authority if there is suspicion that a crime has been committed by law
- Charge fees for register maintenance and supervision
Kammarkollegiet’s task is set out in the Registration of Idea-based Organisations Act (2022:900), the Registration of Idea-based Organisations Ordinance (2022:903) and in regulation KAMFS 2022:7. Kammarkollegiet is preparing additional regulations.
On the website of the Swedish Parliament
Idea-based welfare Bill 2021/22:135 (in Swedish) External link, opens in new window.
Act (2022:900) on Registration of Idea-based Organisations (in Swedish) External link, opens in new window.
Ordinance (2022:903) on Registration of Idea-based Organisations (in Swedish) External link, opens in new window.
Processing of personal data
We process personal data within the scope of our assignment to keep a register of idea-based organisations. The processing of personal data takes place as part of Kammarkollegiet’s exercise of official authority.
More about the processing of personal data for this assignment