The Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency is an authority which also operates commercial undertakings and manages over 170 billion SEK for more than 400 customers. Kammarkollegiet represents the Swedish Inheritance Fund and settles estates where the fund is the heir, manages the Fund and the practical work of suggesting which projects will get the Swedish Inheritance Fund's support.
The agency streamlines public administration by:
- concluding framework agreements,
- authorise interpreters and translators,
- represents the public in environmental processes,
- determines travel guarantees and
- insures all of the government activities in Sweden, including students.
The agency covers an extensive area of over 30 different tasks from the Swedish government. The different tasks mainly involve activities that require qualified legal and economic expertise.