Kammarkollegiet, Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency is a state authority under the Ministry of Finance.
With our activities, we contribute to strengthening democracy, increasing transparency within the state and building a sustainable future.
We are approximately 350 employees located in Karlstad and Stockholm.
We are a one-council authority, which means that our Director General has the ultimate responsibility for the activities of the authority.
Ordinance and instructions
We have about 35 government assignments and here are some of them:
- monitor the rights of the Swedish Inheritance Fund
- authorizes interpreters and translators
- represents public action in environmental processes
- insures government operations, students and government employees
- establishes travel guarantees
- manages just over SEK 200 billion for more than 400 customers
- streamlines public administration by concluding framework agreements
- liquidates estates where the Swedish Inheritance Fund is the heir, manages the fund's funds and proposes which projects will receive support
- stores and cares for the kingdom's regalia
- review and approve the travel guarantees that travel operators are obligated to arrange to cover situations where a trip is cancelled or interrupted due to the insolvency of the travel operator.
- government loans to travel operators that sell package trips